The technology industry is a sizeable and diverse economic sector. Like the state's granit rocky peaks and fertile plains, the tech industry has an inspirational and productive fabric underpinning and enabling the industry's sustainable growth.
CTA has been serving the tech sector since 1994. In our day to day activity, we:
- Encourage economic growth and ease of doing business in Colorado
- Connect companies in meaningful ways
- Partner with economic development and international trade organizations to retain, grow and recruit companies
- CTA leads the Review Sub-Committee in partnership with Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade (OEDIT) for the Advanced Industry Grant Program
- CTA partners with OEDIT, OIT and the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation on a variety of economic development programs including visiting other States, hosting visitors, CEO to CEO support network, and more
- CTA is the lead association for the technology, information and electronics key industry networks for the Colorado Blueprint in Collaboration with OEDIT and the Colorado Workforce Development Council (CWDC)
- CTA drives B2B between Colorado tech companies at it's annual C-Level @ A Mile High event
- CTA helps build healthy and influential networks in many ways, including important networking events such as: Sip & Connect, Wine Tasting
CTA Policy Platform
- Support policies that encourage a healthy technology industry.
- Support policies that create an environment that increases technology entrepreneurism.
- Support policies to increase access to capital for technology companies.
- Support efforts to increase opportunities for technology transfer to create new technology companies.
- Support policies that encourage the growth of technology regional and HQ operations.
- Support policies that encourage business and partnerships between Colorado public and private sectors.
- Support policies that encourage Colorado companies to do business with technology companies based in or with operations in Colorado.
- Support efforts to further consolidate and leverage shared IT services to make government more effective, efficient and elegant.
- Support process simplification with respect to the Department of Regulatory Agencies.
- Oppose taxation and regulation that unfairly burdens technology companies or consumers.
Metro Denver Economic Development IT/Software and Broadcasting/Telecommunications cluster reports
Colorado State Broadband Portal
Colorado State Economic Reports
Information Technology Economic Development Council (ITEDAC / CTA Economic Development Committee)
- Andrea Young, BI - CHAIR
- Suma Nallapati, Secretary of Technology & CIO, Colorado Office of Information Technology (OIT) - CHAIR
- David Roberts, CEO, Reed Group
- Kristin Russell, Director, Deloitte Digital
- Erik Mitisek, CEO, CTA
- Vic Ahmed, Founder, Innovation Pavilion
- Susan Bailey, Vice President, America Sales, Stratus Technologies
- Charles Corfield, President & CEO, nVoq
- Jim Deters, Managing Director & Founder, Galvanize
- Steve Foster, President & CEO, Colorado Technology Association
- R Brown, Heidrick & Struggles
- Rich Kylberg, VP Corporate Communications, Arrow Electronics
- Mike Marcotte, Global CIO, EchoStar Corporation
- Molly Rauzi, CTO, Gagen MacDonald
- Dawn Gregg, Associate Dean of Programs, Business School @University of Colorado Denver
- Mark Marinet, Former Chief Information Officer @Level 3 Communications
- Monica Coughlin, IT Economic Development & Broadband Strategy Director,OIT
- Mark Monroe, Chief Technology Officer & Vice President @DLB Associates Consulting Engineers
- Jonita Leroy, OIT
- Michelle Hadwiger, OEDIT
- Wendy Nkomo, COO
Colorado Technology Association 501(c)(6) Copyright 2015