|2016 Civic Tech Internship Accelerator|
In the summer of 2016, Colorado Technology Association partnered with Denver Public Schools CareerConnect and local civic and industry leaders in tech to deliver Colorado’s very first Civic Tech Internship Accelerator (CTIA). The CTIA enhanced and accelerated the internship experiences of a cohort of 34 rising juniors and seniors from three of Denver’s tech-focused high schools who were placed with city, state and federal organizations. Immersive trainings with leading industry partners equipped students with invaluable, practical knowledge from industry professionals. The CTIA also brought value to CTA’s civic and industry partners by empowering talented youth to jumpstart future technology careers, drive innovation and close Colorado’s tech talent gap.
Student interns gained unparalleled, real-world experience in tech through hands-on trainings and workshops, facility tours, and focused dialogue. These trainings served to enrich the experiences of DPS TechConnect interns placed with local civic organizations by highlighting and training students on tech industry trends that pervade all sectors.
The program helped to inspire Denver’s emerging young talent to pursue technology careers as they approached graduation. Learning today’s technology directly from industry leaders further prepared students for rewarding technology careers in Colorado.
• Place 30 - 35 DPS TechConnect interns with civic entities to participate in the CTIA.
• Recruit 15 tech industry leaders across a variety of sectors to deliver tech trainings to cohort.
• Deliver immersive trainings to enhance and accelerate civic tech internship experiences.
• Host final celebration for interns, families, and civic and industry partners to share projects and celebrate program successes.
• Bring value to CTA’s civic and industry partners by amplifying tech talent from three of Denver’s tech-equipped high schools.
• CTIA trainings were hosted during DPS CareerLaunch: June 17 - July 22.
• Training sessions took place every Friday between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. through six-week program.
• Two to three trainings were hosted per session; each training being one to two hours in duration.
• CTIA fulfilled 25 of 150 DPS TechConnect internship hours.
16th Annual Tech Leaders Gala
4/7/2017 » 4/9/2017
Go Code Colorado Weekend Challenge