|2016 Civic Tech Internship Accelerator|
This summer, in partnership with DPS CareerConnect and our local civic and industry leaders in tech, Colorado Technology Association will deliver Colorado’s very first Civic Tech Internship Accelerator (CTIA). The CTIA will enhance and accelerate the existing internship experiences of a cohort of more than 30 rising juniors and seniors from three of Denver’s tech-focused high schools who have been placed with city, state, and federal organizations. Immersive trainings with leading industry partners will equip students with invaluable, practical knowledge from industry professionals. The CTIA will also bring value to CTA’s civic and industry partners by empowering talented youth to jumpstart future technology careers, drive innovation and close Colorado’s tech talent gap.
Participating interns will gain unparalleled, real-world experience in tech through hands-on trainings and workshops, facility tours, and focused dialogue. These trainings will enrich the experiences of DPS TechConnect interns placed with local civic organizations by highlighting and training students on tech industry trends that pervade all sectors.
The program will serve to inspire Denver’s emerging young talent to pursue technology careers as they approach graduation. Learning today’s technology directly from industry leaders will prepare and excite students for rewarding technology careers and ultimately fuel the future of Colorado’s tech economy.
• Place 30 - 35 DPS TechConnect interns with civic entities to participate in the CTIA.
• Recruit 15 tech industry leaders across a variety of sectors to deliver tech trainings to cohort.
• Deliver immersive trainings to enhance and accelerate civic tech internship experiences.
• Host final celebration for interns, families, and civic and industry partners to share projects and celebrate program successes.
• Bring value to CTA’s civic and industry partners by amplifying tech talent from three of Denver’s tech-equipped high schools.
• CTIA trainings will be hosted during DPS CareerLaunch: June 17 - July 22.
• Training sessions will take place every Friday between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. through six-week program.
• There will be two to three trainings per session; each training will be one to two hours in duration.
• CTIA will fulfill 25 of 150 DPS TechConnect internship hours.
9/24/2016 » 10/1/2016
2nd Annual PM Week: Offers a Fun, Week-Long Series of Learning & Connecting
Rocky Mountain Ruby
10/5/2016 » 10/6/2016
Denver SecureWorld 2016