Accelerate CO: Free innovation symposium Oct. 1-3
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Loveland Launches “Accelerate CO: Advancing Colorado’s Innovation Ecosystem” Symposium and Showcase Oct. 1-3
Event provides free access to industry knowledge and collaborations for Colorado innovators
LOVELAND, Colo. – Sept. 8, 2014 – OnOct. 1-3, the City of Loveland is hosting its inaugural symposium and showcase “Accelerate CO: Advancing Colorado’s Innovation Ecosystem” at the Rocky Mountain Center for Innovation and Technology (RMCIT), 815 14th Street SW in Loveland.
This free event is designed for companies, entrepreneurs, engineers, educational institutions/students, government agencies and nonprofit organizations specializing in innovation, technology advancement and manufacturing. The innovation landscape is changing and Colorado companies and innovators need to be aware of the changes, how they will affect them and benefit Colorado. Accelerate CO provides programming and networking opportunities at no cost to attendees so that all innovators can gain the information and connections needed to continue to bring new ideas to market and advance Colorado’s economy.
“In today’s business landscape, success comes through innovation and innovators are not only modernizing their products and services, they are enhancing how business is done. They are collaborating, crowdsourcing ideas and team-based problem solving. The best innovation comes through access; access to knowledge, to case studies, to research and to partners,” said Marcie Erion, event organizer with the City of Loveland. “Unlike many other symposiums, Accelerate CO provides programming and networking opportunities at no cost to attendees so that all innovators, no matter their current access to capital, can continue to bring new ideas to market, advance their industries and thus, advance our Colorado economy.”
Attendees will gain access to great educational sessions, networking opportunities and real-world examples including:
• The business of innovation: How the landscape is changing at the corporate level
• Financial support and collaboration opportunities with federal and Colorado-based agencies and labs • Trends in venture capital and angel network support
• New approaches to product and technology design
• Business resources such as incubation and acceleration programs and government purchasing programs
• Innovation showcase: set up your company showcase or just come and meet and collaborate with potential partners that are exhibiting at the event.
• The chance to learn and hear from: Lockheed Martin, NASA, Aleph Objects, SparkFun, Rockies Venture Club, HumaneX, EWI (Edison Welding Institute), Southwest Research Institute, XMS Capital Partners, the Colorado Angel Network, new US Patent Office in Denver, Idaho National Labs, iBridge and more.
The symposium was created after the City of Loveland began to see tremendous success for participating businesses through its tech transfer program. The technology transfer programs structure and support by the City of Loveland helped participating startup companies more thoroughly understand the business landscape of their industry and its surrounding ecosystem.
The City of Loveland plans to host the event annually. “Loveland is committed to providing free access to information and connections for all companies looking to contribute to Colorado’s economy. Investing in our entrepreneurs, education partners and students is a great way to support overall excellence in innovation and spark more innovation critical thinking and support,” said Erion.
Interested attendees for the symposium and showcase must RSVP online at www.innovateloveland.com.
Media Contact for Interviews and press passes: Nicole Yost | Fyn PR for Loveland Economic Development | 719-648-1286 | Nicole@FynPR.com ###