Colorado Innovation Week kicks off with new study
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Posted by: Selina Sandoval
DENVER - Colorado Innovation Week is a time where the focus turns to entrepreneurs and how they're making a difference in our economy.
Gov. John Hickenlooper proclaimed the week of Aug. 26 to 30 as "Colorado Innovation Week" in honor of the innovation milestones taking place in the state.
"Colorado's hub of innovation is growing new ideas, technologies and jobs," Hickenlooper said. "During Colorado Innovation Week, we will bring together top leaders to cultivate innovation and technology, and transform ideas into reality. Also, this week will showcase Colorado's abundant networks and resources to support entrepreneurs and foster innovation."
The innovation week milestones include:
- Aug. 26: The release of the 2013 Colorado Innovation Network's (COIN) Innovation Report, in partnership with Colorado State University. The report identifies opportunities for Colorado, based on benchmark metrics in talent, access to capital and ideas (research and development) to support entrepreneurs.
Colorado Innovation Network creates a physical and virtual network of global leaders that will encourage relationships to support the innovation ecosystem, grow companies, and create jobs.
What exactly is "innovation" anyway? COIN defines innovation as a product, process, or service that generates new value in the market. Launched by Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper in November 2011, COIN is a privately-funded organization that lives within the Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade.
COIN understands the place that risk-taking holds in being able to drive ideas forward. This is something they embrace in our own programs and initiatives, which aim to leave a mark on the innovation ecosystem beyond the Rocky Mountains. They are dedicated to telling Colorado's innovation story and are honored to be a part of building it.
Whether you are the leader of an established company or the founder of a small business, a researcher or a university professor, if your goal is to make a difference, COIN can help. They can introduce you to a network of great people to collaborate with and would love the opportunity to tell you more about the resources available to you in Colorado. Here are the rest of the events of the week:
- Aug. 27: Google for Entrepreneurs Day Colorado, in partnership with Google and Galvanize. This program aims to provide the tools, support and inspiration needed to foster innovative startups all around Colorado.
- Aug. 28-29: The 2nd Annual COIN Summit, which convenes 250 innovation leaders from around the state and globe to build a strong network and share best practices, and provides a stage for innovation in Colorado.
- Aug. 29: brand Colorado's unveiling of the new brand identity for Colorado. This process, which kicked off at last year's COIN Summit, was the most inclusive, collaborative, ambitious branding initiative ever undertaken by a state.
- Aug. 29: The Colorado "Glorious Failure: In Search of Success" Innovation Prize winner will be revealed, who will receive an awards package valued at approximately $75,000. The prize is designed to showcase and accelerate innovators with high-growth potential ventures who are willing to share their lessons learned from obstacles and adversity.
For original article, click here.