DENVER, CO, AUGUST 12, 2013 - Blazing speeds. Great reliability. Broad coverage. Excellent overall performance. That's what Colorado residents want from their mobile Internet, and it's exactly what AT&T* is delivering with an array of network upgrades completed in the first half of 2013.
In the first half of 2013, AT&T invested nearly$90 million in its wireless and wired networks in Colorado. The investments included deployment of new macro cell sites, small cells and Distributed Antenna Systems across the state as a part of AT&T's Project Velocity IP, a three-year investment plan announced last fall to expand and enhance its IP broadband networks. The company also expanded and enhanced its 4G LTE network, which provides ultra-fast mobile Internet speeds, and deployed new Wi-Fi hot spots.
These investments help to ensure that Colorado residents continue to receive the best possible experience over the AT&T network, whether at home, at work or on the go. The great performance of AT&T's 4G LTE network, now the nation's fastest and most reliable, continues to be validated:
- AT&T now has the most reliable 4G LTE network. According to independent third-party data, AT&T has the highest success rate for delivering mobile content across nationwide 4G LTE networks.**
- Meanwhile, our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHiveal so ranked AT&T's as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested.***
- And AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network inPC Magazine's2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – sweeping the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest.****
"Fast, reliable connectivity is essential to both quality of life and competitiveness at work," said Bill Soards, President, AT&T-Colorado. "No one understands that better than we do, and no one is doing more than AT&T to mobilize a world that works for people in Colorado. With initiatives like Project Velocity IP, we're working to ensure that Colorado consumers and businesses remain at the leading edge of broadband services."
In addition, RootMetrics® has awarded AT&T 1st or tied for 1st for strongest overall call, text, and data performance in 66 of 125 national markets – including 1 of 2 in Colorado, where AT&T was tied for 1st in Colorado Springs– from January through June this year.*****
Highlights of network upgrades completed so far this year in Colorado include:
- LTE launches inColorado Springs,Grand Junction,SilverthorneandFort Collins-Loveland.
- LTE expansions of Highlands Ranch, Parker, Castle Rock,Westminster, Lakewood and Aurora.
"AT&T's significant network investment in Colorado supports entrepreneurs and innovation," said Erik Mitisek, CEO of the Colorado Technology Association. "The expansion of mobile broadband in Colorado is critical to our state's high-tech industry and helps grow our economy."
The 2013 year-to-date network investment builds on the more than$475 million that AT&T has invested in its Colorado wireless and wired networks from 2010 through 2012.
AT&T 4G LTE is now available in multiple areas of the state, including Boulder, Denver,Colorado Springs,Fort Collins-Loveland, Silverthorne and Grand Junction. Nationwide, more than 225 million Americans have access to AT&T 4G LTE service. By year-end 2013, AT&T expects to cover nearly 270 million people and 400 markets with its 4G LTE network.
For more information about AT&T's coverage in Colorado or anywhere in the United States, consumers can visit the AT&T Coverage Viewer. For updates on the AT&T wireless network, please visit the AT&T network news page.