|Type of Position:
Description & Details
Sr. Systems Architect / Technology R&D Analyst:
The BI Labs group is actively recruiting for a Sr. Systems Architect / Technology Research & Development Analyst to research new and emerging technologies and assess their feasibility and application to current and future business needs. This is a senior systems architect position and in this position, you will also provide support and direction for the Development and Systems and the Hardware Engineering strategies. Typical duties will include system architecture, technology surveys, prototyping, technology evaluations, and managing projects with vendors and academic partners. Additional duties will include publishing technical reports and white papers, maintenance of the R&D content library, and participation in product focus group discussions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Provides technical leadership, recommendations and guidance to management and peers by maintaining an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and products and influence new designs.
- Serves as a liaison between technical teams, industry partners and the user community, both internal and external.
- Makes recommendations for revisions of and monitors adherence to the product development lifecycle and software development methodologies.
- Ensures that expected system architecture is effective, efficient and verified.
- Serves as a mentor to development staff.
- May lead technical project teams to produce required analysis and design deliverables, including, but not limited to, documentation and modeling.
- May lead technical project teams to produce required implementation deliverables, including, but not limited to, documentation, integration efforts, and design walkthroughs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least seven years of hands-on experience in system design and/or development, using object oriented techniques
- Seven or more years of hands-on experience in the Windows or UNIX environments.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience working with relational database environments.
- Minimum five years experience in systems architecture.
How to Apply / Contact
If you think you have what it takes to be a successful Sr. Systems Architect, please complete an Employment Application as the next step in the selection process at WWW.BI.COM/CAREERS
We are committed to the principles of Diversity and Equal Opportunity.