Business Environment refers to the government-driven factors that affect a company’s operations, including:
- Local, state and federal government regulations.
- Local, state and federal tax environment (sales and use, property tax, tax exemptions and incentives).
- Any other Colorado business environment issues, such as utility or labor costs.
Did you know?
Your Voice Matters! Public policy decisions can directly affect your organization’s bottom line. Smart policy can expand markets and remove barriers to help your organization and the technology sector thrive. The wrong policy can hinder your ability to compete effectively in Colorado and the global marketplace.Your membership in the Association sends a powerful message to policymakers that we are a strong industry and our collective voice and presence matter. As a member of the CTA, you can get involved in public policy efforts or help us advance specific legislation by writing to your representative during a "call to action.” Every voice counts and your membership is critical to strengthening the industry and our influence.
CTA led the passage of legislation to simplify and decrease the costs to all software users in Colorado through HB1293, a bi-partisan bill signed by the Governor. Watch the video.
- JB Holston, NewsGator
- Bill Mueldener, CMI, Tax Principal, Hein & Associates
- Annette Quintana, CEO, Istonish
- John Leonard, Director, Fairfield & Woods, P.C.
- Amber Tafoya, President-Colorado, AT&T
- Erik Mitisek, CEO
- Wendy Nkomo, COO/VP Industry Affairs
- Nissa Szabo, Manager Industry Affairs
- Sandra Hagan-Solin, Capital Solutions