Colorado's technology industry is diverse and healthy!
The CTA Industry Roadmap is a portfolio of initiatives distilled from our community through a combination of tops down and bottoms up strategic planning activities.
Roadmap initiatives address gaps and reflect opportunities to ensure long-term economic growth. Initiatives are organized into 6 core objectives in order to strategically align with the Governor's economic business plan.
Initiatives are staffed and funded by company sponsorships and volunteers.
Did you know?
- CNBC ranked Colorado fifth in "America's Top States for Business" in 2011. The state ranked especially high for business friendliness, economy, and access to capital.
- Forbes ranked Colorado first for labor prospects and fifth overall in its 2011 "Best States for Business" report.
- Colorado has the third-highest concentration of high-tech workers in the country according to the "Cyberstates 2011" report by TechAmerica.
- When IT occupations in all industry sectors are included, there are more than 175,000 information technology workers in Colorado.
- Colorado’s federal research laboratories inject over $1.1 billion yearly into the state’s economy and account for about 6,200 high paying jobs. Colorado’s prominent role as a high-tech leader is greatly enhanced by the presence of a number of key federal laboratories.
Source: Colorado Economic Development Databook, 2010-2011;State of the Industry: Technology in Colorado, 2010; Colorado Department of Labor, 2010; Metro Denver NetworkLearn more About the CTA